Monday, December 29, 2014

123-126 Home for Christmas

123 The first day of Christmas.
Sleeping in like a grownup, then being the first one awake like the youngest in the house, which I was.
Drinking coffee in our pajamas.
Arrival of my brother's family, which made me the third oldest and fifth youngest in the house instead of first youngest.
Presents!
Delicious dinner. Especially the noodles and the succotash.
Cleaning up the kitchen together.
Many rounds of Mexican Train.
Pie. (Apple or pumpkin? Both, please.)
Not being as sad this year as we were last year.

124 The second day of Christmas.
Waking to sunlight after a gray day.
Lunch at Coleman's (whitefish sandwich!) with my bro and nephews. 
Getting to wash a bunch of dishes by hand. 
Playing music with the folks from Nashville. 
Singing around the table with our bellies full of pie.

125 The third day of Christmas.
A warm conversation outside in the cool morning. 
Lots of hugs. 
Going through pictures with my oldest relative. 
Generosity I don't deserve. 
The ease and joys of a 30-year friendship.

126 The fourth day of Christmas. 
My flights up were on USAir, and I'm grateful that my flight out was on American, so I wasn't one of the 300+ people in the USAir line at the airport this morning.
Also: uneventful travel; a chat with the nice young Marine beside me on the flight to Little Rock; a fairly easy work shift (with a collegial debate over a semicolon); and coming home to a Christmas card with the annual me-and-my-dog photo, which made me laugh and laugh and laugh out loud.

How was your holiday? 

No comments:

Post a Comment