Wednesday, December 31, 2014

129. Goodbye, 2014

It's been a good year.

I'm grateful to have met a bunch of people face to face this year, people I had already formed friendships with or whose writing I had edited or whom I had some online connection with or whose writing I had read and admired or who have the same publisher.

Grateful, too, to have met people I didn't know existed until we met the old-fashioned way, in real life.

Grateful to have seen and spent time with folks I love and like and seldom know when I'll get to see again, family and friends both.

Some highlights of the year:
• The Festival of Faith and Writing, especially playing Scottish music with Tania Runyan.
• Working through Kevin Young's Book of Hours with Megan D. Willome.
• Hutchmoot.
• Making progress in my writing career with the help of coach Ann Kroeker.
• Taking a road trip with one Judy.
• Growing a garden with another Judy.
• And last but far, far from least: becoming a grandmother and meeting a baby boy.

There were rough parts of the year, too, and I can even be grateful for some of them, for what they taught me, for the people who made them smoother. But they don't get any air time here.

Thanks for being a part of my life by reading this year, and for the privilege, pleasure, fun and joy of being part of yours. To 2015! Happy new year!

What in 2014 were you grateful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment