Saturday, January 31, 2015

154-160 Transition

Sunday
Singing. Conversations with friends. Homemade chicken-cheese quesadillas for lunch. A peace and calm after a collaborative project is wrapped up and ready to go. Pleasure in what we've made.


Monday
On Makes You Mom launch day, I'm grateful:

For the workshops and retreats where I've met so many wonderful people and made fruitful connections and collected dear friends.

For Tweetspeak Poetry and its community, especially The Writing Life workshop by Ann Kroeker and Charity Singleton Craig that I took in 2013 (it's being offered again! Take it, writer people).

For the insight and long-range vision of, and an invitation from, L.L. Barkat.

For each woman whose words appear now, or will appear in the coming weeks and months, at Makes You Mom.

For the posting and tweeting and sharing and such to carry their words to new readers, and to make this an astonishingly wonderful launch day.

For the readers, and the hope and humor and goodness they will find there.

For people in my life who are underwhelmed, and keep me grounded, and give me the good gift of reminding me that nobody's world, not even mine, revolves around me.


Tuesday
Successfully resisting the first King Cake at the office. (There'll be others.)
A sunset walk at the Big Dam Bridge.
Skilled listeners who hear the silent words beneath the spoken or written words and lovingly, creatively answer a question you didn't consciously ask.
Seeing blog posts inspired by Makes You Mom.
Successfully washing two loads of laundry without having accidentally left a Kleenex in a pocket.

Wednesday
Chatting with a receptionist about her proofreading superpowers.
Chatting in the waiting room with someone I hadn't seen in years.
Discussing Mark Twain with the doctor.
Discussing grandchildren with the nurse.
Being done in time to go back to work.

Thursday
The Super Bowl-themed feast at work (chili cheese dogs, vegan soup—something for everyone).
Gentle reminders.
Learning new technology.
Something sweet that someone did for me and for someone else she doesn't even know.
To-do lists.

Friday

Lovely, lively, laughing conversations.
A long walk in the sun.
Getting to meet two big dogs (and a person) I'd until today only read about.
Ending the day with cleared kitchen counters and a rack of clean dishes.
Happy that I chose what I chose (which applies to several things today).

Saturday
Good coffee, and the "Rise now!" invitation of its smell.
A friendly conversation with a visitor who knocks at my door every few Saturdays.
Remembering to do something today that would have cost more tomorrow.
A complimentary note of thanks from a stranger.
Mushrooms sauteed in butter.
A really good book.

A note to subscribers: I'm going to be continuing this blog, but in a different form (and I'm not sure yet what that form will settle into) at my new multi-author website, Makesyoumom.com. I invite you to visit over there and, if you like, to subscribe. Have I ever told you I'm grateful that you're reading? 


No comments:

Post a Comment